Career Gear is a 501(c)3 Sustainable Organization. 125 Maiden Lane – Time Equities, Inc. is dedicated to environmentally responsible practices and strives to be a leader in green building. 125 Maiden Lane is a prime example of our commitment to energy savings, the reduction of our carbon footprint, and creating an exceptional work environment for our employees, interns, our participants, and our guests. In the spirit of reducing our carbon footprint, Career Gear can no longer take the following items:
- Hangers (wire or plastic)
- Tissue Paper
- Plastic wrap from Dry Cleaning
- Any styrofoam products including packing pellets
- Suitcases, luggage, and plastic garment bags
We thank you for your support in helping Career Gear push our Sustainability Initiative and create a better environment for us all!
You must include your email address on the printable Donation Form to receive a tax donation receipt for your shipment. For environmental and practical reasons, we no longer mail hard copy receipts. If you’d like to receive a digital copy of our receipt donation form, email us here. Hard copy donation receipts are still available when dropping off in person at our offices.
Donations can be accepted Monday – Thursday from 9:00 am to 4:45 pm by appointment only. Unfortunately, Career Gear cannot accept donations on Saturday, Sundays or Major and Banking Holidays. To schedule an appointment please email [email protected]
When sending in your donation, please remember to include your email in your donation and allow up to 30 days for a return of tax donation receipt. If after 30 days, you have not received your receipt, please reach out to [email protected]
For information on in-kind donations please contact:
Jourdan at 212-577-6190 ext 101
Individual Donate Clothing
Career Gear accepts clothing that will outfit men in business-appropriate attire for their job interviews, and that service remains a core offering to our clients. Here’s how you can help.
- Clothing must be new or gently used, business-professional attire.
- Clothing must be in style. Before donating, ask yourself, “Will this outfit help a man make the best impression at his interview?”
- Clothing must be clean, cannot be stained, or have odors.
- We can no longer accept French cuffed shirts as it is an added expense to our clients.
- Suits (especially size 36 and below and size 44 and up)
- Dress pants
- Blazers/Sport Coats (solid color only)
- Dress shirts (especially size 17 and up)
- Dress shoes (black or brown leather, all sizes)
- Belts (black or brown leather, all sizes)
- New black or brown socks
- Watches, tie clips & cufflinks
Career Gear now accepts business casual dress wear for men. These clothing items allow many of our clients a chance to have several outfits for a business casual work environment in offices, retail environments and more. These items include:
- Button-down and collared shirts
- Casual dress pants, chinos
- Casual shoes, loafers and some sneakers (in good/like new condition please)
- Appropriate outerwear
Ways to Donate
Donations are accepted at our offices. Due to limited resources and staff, Career Gear cannot offer a pick-up service or pay for shipping. Please arrange to donate in one of the following ways:
1. Drop off your donation.
Bring your donation in person to one of our monthly drop-off dates:
- Tuesday, January 8th, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, February 5th, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, March 5th, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, May 7th, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, June 4th, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, August 6th, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, October 1st, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, November 5th, 2019: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019: 9am to 5pm
Drop off’s can be made on monthly drop-off dates or by appointment ONLY at:
125 Maiden Lane, 3B
New York, NY 10038
Click here to schedule an appointment outside of our monthly donation day.
We suggest taking the subway or a cab to our Manhattan office as parking is difficult and there are many one-way streets and police checkpoints. For this reason, we cannot offer curbside drop-off or meet you downstairs to receive your donation; you must be able to bring your donation up to our office on the 3rd Floor.
2. Use a courier.
Have a courier service/messenger transport your donation to Career Gear on one of our monthly drop-off days. When using a courier, please include a copy of the Donation Form.
3. Ship your donation via your preferred mail carrier to our downtown Manhattan location:
Please include a copy of our donation form in your shipment.
125 Maiden Lane, 3B
New York, NY 10038
4. Donate to your local affiliate.
Not in the NYC area? Reach out to your local affiliate to find out specific needs and procedures or visit www.guidestar.org or www.charitynavigator.org to find a clothing closet at a local nonprofit or religious organization of your choice.