Become a Career Gear Client
Since 1999, Career Gear has helped more than 35,000 men move from poverty to employment and financial self- sufficiency. Our clients — veterans, recovering substance abusers, recent immigrants, the formerly incarcerated, the disabled , first-generation college students, men on public assistance — are sent to us from our network of community-based referral partners.
We prepare these men for their job interviews by providing the necessary skills and wardrobe to create a positive impression and get hired. Our support continues through life-skills coaching, mentoring and professional wardrobing long after the initial referral.
“Career Gear is continuing to help me with the obstacles that pop up in my daily life. I’m glad there is a place like this where men like me can come for the guidance and support we need.”James, Career Gear Client
In order to take advantage of any services Career Gear provides in New York City, you must be referred to us through one of our partner referral agencies listed below. If you are interested in the services offered by our affiliates in other markets, please contact them directly by clicking through to the link to their website.
- Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES) (formerly VESID)
- Back On My Feet NYC
- Bowery Residence Committee (BRC)
- BronxWorks: Strong Fathers, Stronger Families
- Catholic Charities: Young Adult Internship Program (YAIP)
- The Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services (CASES)
- City of New York Parks & Recreation: Parks Opportunity Program
- Create, Inc.
- Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD)
- The Door
- The Door: Young Adult Internship Program (YAIP)
- Harlem United
- LaGuardia Community College: Young Adult Internship Program (YAIP)
- Montefiore Medical Center – Division of Substance Abuse
- New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
- Samaritan Village
- STRIVE: Strong Fathers, Stronger Families
- Union Settlement Association
- Westchester Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) (SUNY)
- West Side YMCA